British Columbia invites over 200 foreign citizens to apply for permanent residency

April, 2017

The latest draw held by the province of British Columbia saw a total of 222 applicants being invited to apply for permanent residency.

You can live & work in Canada! go >>

The draw held on Wednesday, April 19, was for the province's nomination scheme, the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP).

According to BC PNP officials, 7 percent of the total Invitation to Apply (ITAs) issued was for Entrepreneur Immigration candidates, while the remaining 93 percent was distributed to five other sub-categories. Only two of these sub-categories are aligned for the federal government’s Express Entry scheme. The remaining three were chosen through the Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS).

April 19 draw details

  • Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker – 47 ITAs; 90 pts
  • Express Entry BC – International Graduate – 30 ITAs;85 pts
  • Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker – 38 ITAs; 90 pts
  • Skills Immigration – International Graduate – 45 ITAs; 85 pts
  • Skills Immigration – Entry Level and Semi-Skilled – 46 ITAs; 45 pts
  • Entrepreneur Immigration – 16 (ITAs); 120 pts

The latest draw results were a bit smaller in number compared to those of April 5 draw in which a total of 450 ITAs were issued by the province of British Columbia. All ITA recipients can now submit the required documents to the BC PNP. The next draw for the program is yet to be announced by the province of British Columbia.

Are you planning to move to Canada through the BC PNP? Take the free online assessment on our website to determine your suitability to apply for a skilled worker and student visa to British Columbia. Or talk to our seasoned migration consultants to know more about other visa routes to Canada.

About Migration Expert:

Migration Expert is the visa & immigration consulting company of choice in Australia, Canada, the UK and the US. Their registered consultants provide expert legal counsel for all aspects of immigration law, including family-sponsored immigration, employment-sponsored immigration, investment immigration, temporary visas for work and college, permanent residence, citizenship, consular visa processing, waivers, and appeals. Interested in living, working, studying or traveling to Australia, Canada, the UK or the US? Contact Migration Expert, a widely recognized immigration consulting company. Visit our website at www.migrationexpert.ca or phone for a consultation with a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) at 1.416.488.9500.