Canada to boost LGBT tourism with enhanced budget

June, 2017

Tourism Minister Bardish Chagger strongly believes that an enhanced focus on LGBTQ2 (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning and 2-Spirited) tourism will boost Canada’s reputation as a world-class, gender-equal tourist destination.

You can live & work in Canada! go >>

Last week, the Federal Government of Canada, through the Ministry Small Business and Tourism, committed $100,000 worth of additional funding to improve the country’s attractiveness towards the global LGBTQ2 community. The funding will solely go to Travel Gay Canada, an industry group focused on making tours across the country inclusive and welcoming. It will be used to facilitate the training of people in the service industry to help them understand more about equality which is crucial in providing an LGBTQ2-friendly customer service. The government’s partnership with the group will last up to two years, which will be used to gauge the effectiveness of the program and to determine the necessary tweaks to introduce better, more comprehensive schemes in the near future. Above all, Chagger reiterates that the move isn’t only about the growth of tourism number but also to inform everyone that Canada—its government and its people—does not tolerate all forms of discrimination. “As the world becomes more connected by travel and technology, more and more people around the world are able to learn about Canada,” she said, explaining the new policy’s marketing aspect. “The LGBTQ2 segment of the travel market is growing, and Canada is well positioned to welcome more LGBTQ2 travellers.” Travel Gay Canada will also represent the country at the World Travel Market London UK in November. Do you want to visit Canada? Let one of our ICCRC-Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants help you with determining the right Visitor Visa for you.

About Migration Expert:

Migration Expert is the visa & immigration consulting company of choice in Australia, Canada, the UK and the US. Their registered consultants provide expert legal counsel for all aspects of immigration law, including family-sponsored immigration, employment-sponsored immigration, investment immigration, temporary visas for work and college, permanent residence, citizenship, consular visa processing, waivers, and appeals.

Interested in living, working, studying or traveling to Australia, Canada, the UK or the US? Contact Migration Expert, a widely recognized immigration consulting company. Visit our website at or phone for a consultation with a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) at 1.416.488.9500.