Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced ICCRC regulated migration consultants who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a Canadian visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the Canadian Government subject to submitting a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the Canadian Government and act independently in the interests of our clients.

Caregiver Work Visa

Caregiver Work Visa

The widely-used program allows applicants to come to Canada to work either as a home child care provider with a Canadian family or a caregiver for people with high medical needs and become eligible to apply within Canada for permanent residence after 2 years of employment in Canada. Once granted, caregivers are given the opportunity to work for a Canadian family for up to 4 years and 3 months.

Caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, and people with high medical needs, for example, elderly persons or persons with disabilities without supervision.

Canadian Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).

Caregiver Work Visa Basic Requirements

A Caregiver Work visa allows applicants who meet the requirements detailed below with the equivalent of a Canadian 1 year Post-Secondary Credential Visa, at least 6 months of training or at least 12 months of work experience to file an application. CIC has established 2 pathways to permanent residency for caregivers who are either; caregivers for children or caregivers for people with high medical needs.

Applicants require:

  • A job confirmation letter from a Canadian employer in a designated occupation;
  • A written contract with the future employer including certain mandatory provisions; Successful completion of the equivalent of a 1 year post-secondary Canadian credential; and
  • Meets the educational and employment requirements or the designated occupation.

Designated occupations can include either a: Home Child Care Provider, Registered Nurse, Psychiatric Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nurse’s Aide, Orderly, Patient Service Associate, Home Support Worker or related occupation. In addition, they must have a good command of either English or French. Training and experience in the areas of geriatric care, early childhood care, paediatric nursing or first aid care are all considered useful.

Caregiver Work Visa Entitlements

Caregivers are allowed to live and work in Canada for up to 4 years. Once caregivers have accumulated at least 2 years of Canadian work experience, they can then apply for their Canadian permanent residence while working in Canada. They can also include immediate family members in their application for permanent resident status and obtain permanent resident status for the family members at the same time.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Caregiver Work Visa processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.